14 February, 2008

shall i compare thee to a puffy sleeve?

I'm coming into this pretty late for any type of running commentary on Project Runway, and Amelie Gilette at the AV Club is doing a much better job of it than I ever could, so I'll be brief. Does anyone else feel pretty ripped off that they couldn't decide between Chris and Rami so they're giving them a mini challenge before the big show? I mean, why even bother bringing a subtitled Roberto Cavalli in if you're not going to listen to him when he says, "I zee ze art"? FUCK RAMI! Sure he made one of the least hideous dresses in PR history, but he made it fourteen times in a row. So rarely do I unreservedly agree with Nina Garcia. And to add tedious insult to contemptuous injury, next week is a reunion show! Why do this to us Project Runway? You know I could have seen spoilers of all five final designers' shows at Jezebel two weeks ago right? I've been uncharacteristically patient, and for what? To watch contestants whose names I've long forgotten laugh and shout and weep together? No thanks!

Anyway, a prediction. Chris will beat Rami, for reasons well known to him. So I'm giving 3-7 odds on Christian, 7-3 on Jillian, and 4-1 for the far-from-scrappy underdog Chris. Taking all wagers.

No comments: