01 March, 2008

my two favourite things are commitment and changing myself

Last night Patrick and I indulged in what Dateline would probably describe as "binge-drinking". We went to DC9 for the Liberation dance party, which was kind of strange because I've never been to that place when it wasn't full of fags. It's still pretty fun, and the music is better (surprise!). The point of the story though, is that they had an open bar for two hours for a cover of six dollars. Well worth it, but it does lead to some faulty decision making later in the night.

Like when the woman from Comcast Dating-On-Demand approaches you about doing a TV personal ad and you accept her offer and are presently ushered into what you assumed was the cloak room and put under a bright light and asked all sorts of questions about "romance". "This will be hilarious," is probably what you're thinking, and it is for the most part. You answer the questions as honestly as possible without just outright telling everyone that you already have a boyfriend and aren't interested in getting a new one and that you're only doing this for a laugh.

Then you wake up the next morning and realize that you can't remember what you said to that woman with the camera, and you realize she was recording you talking about romance after an open bar (at least it wasn't about healthcare), and that she's going to put said tape on television, and you feel a little afraid for yourself, and what your boyfriend will have to say about this.

Oh well, nothing I can do about it now eh? I'm going to be on Comcast Dating-On-Demand. Look for me. Unless they don't air me because I was a drunken idiot. They wouldn't cut me for not being attractive enough; I've seen some of the pizza-faced dorks on Spring Break that are usually on there. And besides, when I sat on the couch and they turned the lights on, the lady said "oh he's a good-lookin guy!" which gave me just the sort of boost one needs before one records a televised personal ad. Oh god.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for brightening my shitty, rainy, Vancouver Monday with a healthy dose of my favourite ex-pat's exploits.

Not only am I not surprised AT ALL with you getting yourself into this dilly-of-a-pickle, but there is something so typical about it that it made me miss you terribly.

Sincerely,

Your Friend Indeed

Elyse Connery said...

LINK!!